Board of Directors Opportunities
The Arts and Education Council is fortunate to have a dedicated board made up of outstanding leaders in the St. Louis community. The Board of Directors meet bi-monthly to plan for the future health of A&E.
Board members also serve on one or more working committees to ensure the vitality of the Arts and Education Council:
- Development: Secures all fundraising activities including corporate/business solicitations, workplace giving, individual giving, major gifts, donor cultivation and special events.
- Facilities: Prioritizes and oversees building infrastructure and renovations for the Centene Center for Arts and Education.
- Finance: Provides advice and fiscal oversight for the Council’s budget, investments, audit and fundraising goals to ensure proper stewardship of donor funds.
- Governance: Updates By-laws and makes recommendations to Board for changes; identifies, targets, solicits and recruits board prospects.
- Grants: Reviews grant requests from approved applicants, performs assigned site visits and makes funding recommendations for executive and board approval.
- Marketing & Events: Develops marketing strategies to increase awareness and visibility for A&E, its campaign and special events.
- Strategic Planning: Ensures the organization’s continuous process of strategic planning; keeps the board focused on its strategic oversight role and strategies to achieve organizational success
To view the current board list, click here.